Friday 22 February 2013

Moodle Server and Keeping your Course up to date

I want to be in command of my teaching materials.... :)


  • Teaching here and there, doing trainings and a lot of sharing.
  • Plus I am designing my lessons and student work materials for dual use in laptop, iPad and conventional pen and book classes.
  • Plus my CV tells me that I am quite a bit of a gypsy.
  • A lot of my former students want to have access again to my courses, when they have to move somewhere.
  • I want to be able to migrate my courses and still have a similar filesystem on my computer with all the materials for my direct access.
  • I want to keep my Moodle courses slim and therefore easy to migrate to a new school or server.


I feel that I put too much data an the Moodle server itself - which affects all the points mentioned above.
Well my materials are in dropbox. So why not combining the power of having your files stored in the cloud and teaching in the cloud? :)

What it means exactly is: I am starting to put links in my moodle courses that will bring myself and the students to direct access of my teaching ressources.

Here is an example of such a link: (albeit in German language) 







Plan for the future - there seems to be a possibility of a deeper implementation: I am not too sure how to handle this yet, but I am sure I need the co-operation of our IT department hence I am not an administrator of our Moodle System. Take a look at those possible ways.


How to use Dropbox as a Moodle file repository | E-Learning & E-Training Solutions – 3rd Wave Media

Dropbox repository -

Using Dropbox Repository with Moodle | Some Random Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment