Thursday 9 May 2013

Making lessons available online

A new little toy added some extra possibilities to my lessons.

If I prepare powerpoints for my lessons anyhow, can't I use them to create online lectures as well?
Sure I did so by reusing them in knowmia. But this took me still additional time, hence I had to prepare those lectures once again.

With a new spectacular toy I am able to create lectures out of my lessons straight.

Some advantages that are based on student feedback:

  • lectures are available online for preparation of exams.
  • absent students can easily catch up.
  • students love to contribute to those "online products

How does it work?

You put your iPhone in the SWIVL, you wear the SWIVL remote (marker) on your collar and you are able to start recording the lecture parts out of your own lessons.


This is the short overview:

 

And this is an example - actually the first lesson, that I recorded with it (chemistry lesson conducted in German):


No comments:

Post a Comment