Friday 26 July 2013

A sophisticated way to use PowerPoint during lessons

I think of PowerPoint as a universal media tool. Everything can be set up in advance. Short texts, pictures, diagrammes and even movies.

Those possibilities make it easy to create great lectures, albeit the slides will have to happen in a given order. I will turn to this problem in a later post.

Another challenge I was facing is: How to make PowerPoints interactive in a sense that my students are able to contribute in securing the results during a lecture and bring in knowledge they already know.
At the same time I want to make sure, that they will get a perfect "script" with all necessary information once we are done.

How to achieve that? This video will show you how to create a PowerPoint that provides "cloze" functionality, leaves space for student contributions and provides the right answers on demand.

Sounds great? Here comes the fly in the ointment - the special feature I am using is just available in PowerPoint for Windows - it see it missing so far in PowerPoint for Mac OS. It might be my eyes, so if you find it comment on this post - I would be happy to wave another little goodbye to the Windows part of my split user personality.





No comments:

Post a Comment