Friday 18 January 2013

Make your iPad even more effective

The iPad is a great teaching tool - and almost a bamboo tablet


its possibilities include:


But honestly - the most impressive feature is to make things happen just by touching a screen.

I don't know how are your experiences, dear reader. But in my case fingers are not the best way to do precise drawings. The reason is, my fingers are lacking a pointy tip and of course they are pretty big and don't allow me to look through them, to put them precisely on the point that I want to draw my next line.

Those rubber tipped pens that are available to replace your finger are actually not really an improvement, because they are still very big and don't allow you where they exactly touch the screen, when you use them. 

Don't waste money on an artificial finger!


Here is what will make your drawing on an iPad more precise. This is decisive for setting up Knowmia Lessons (www.knowmia.com) or showme instruction videos (www.showme.com).


You want to buy the Jot Stylus from Adonit - It has a pointy tip that is surrounded by a little plastic disc.

It allows you to make precise drawings while you use your iPad as a mini interactive whiteboard or when you setup lessons with the free apps I mentioned in the paragraph above.


I am using it since 3 months now - I already infected 7 other colleagues in my teaching staff.

This is the spiffy video. I am surely not an artist, but my chemical formula look a bit more crisp and not like the work of a five year old using his fingers to paint on glass of the living room window.




No comments:

Post a Comment