Monday 28 January 2013

There are no results - unless you create them.

You want to make your teaching more enjoyable and time saving?

Well, I want that too! Will it happen by itself?

NO! There is no teacher training, no workshop and especially no book that will make you reach results with ease.
 

If I want to create different lessons that are interesting for me as a teacher and my students as well, then I need to make use of new ways - because if I stay in my old tracks, then I probably have done it already.

E.g. - Quizlets from www.quizlet.com

Oh,  how I was looking at my language teaching colleagues full of envy. They can make use of a study tool that seems to be ideal for their purposes and not for mine regarding biology and chemistry.

I wanted to use that tool that much, because it is interactive, challenging and can be easily converted into a moodle quiz that I am able to use for grading and diagnostics - i.e. student rating for free on top of this great version of digital learning cards.

So I made it happen, I was playing around and now decided the 15 Dollars per year are a good treat.

What you see below is honestly the result of 15 minutes of work (drawing formula with chemsketch, saving them as png, importing them in Quizlet and name them appropriately).

When will you want to use a solution so much that you are bending your mind around it? I reckon it will be worth it - because that is what I expect from my students "think out of the box".
So I have to lead by example.

Here is the result of a 15 minute working spree:


No comments:

Post a Comment